Saturday, January 22, 2011

Putting My Last Post into Practice

A few days ago the very thing I posted about last time was really put to the test. My brother and I had gotten into a huge argument over stupidity and started to say things about me that were really disrespectful. I ignored it at first but what really pushed me over the edge when he said something about my son and even went far to cursing Islam. I became so angry.
When it comes to me people can say what they want to say. Ive heard the whole terrorist thing, muslim women are oppressed, or as according to my brother you are just part of a cult and you sit on the floor with your little friends chanting, I've heard it all. I usually ignore the people who are completely ignorant of Islam. I will usually take that as an excuse. But someone who was raised upon Islam and knows good well what it is about and says something an ignorant person might say, then I get angry and mostly upset.
Something else happened that was dumbfounding but I just don't have the heart to repeat. It makes me take a long good look at my family and really wonder what in the world has happened. I feel like I am not from them, like I came from somewhere else or Im the convert. I was raised in a pretty good Muslim household that followed the Qur'an and Sunnah. Now when the Qur'An or Sunnah is mentioned peoples desires take over and what Islam says is tossed out the window. But the funny thing is that someone is trying to reprimand the other with what the Qur'an says but you yourself isn't adhering to that. Does that say hypocrisy?
I haven't spoken to my brother since it happened. I'm just tired of talking sometimes because I know I'm talking to the wall. I haven't openly forgiving him because Im just not ready to.Every time I see him it just upsets me. I guess have to reread my last post. I love and care about my family and I pray that Allah forgives them for what they do and forgives for anything I might have done.

No comments: