Monday, September 22, 2008

Some good news

Just to let you know that insha'Allah I may be getting married again. You may say it's too soon or you are rushing things, but I truly believe in my heart this is the right thing to do. Alhamdulillah I met a good brother and I've been talking to him for a while and it almost seems too good to be true, but I feel like Allah has answered my dua. I've made istikhaarah about it, and yesterday the feeling just hit me like a ton of bricks. It was telling me to just go for it you have nothing to lose. He lives in another state, which isn't too far only 2hours by plane, so Insha'Allah, I will be flying down next weekend. Yes you might say that I shouldn't travel by myself, that I need a mahram, but I don't have one and I am not naive about anything. When my gut says something, I follow and its telling me that its right.
I'm feeling very good about things. I've let soo many opportunities pass me by in life and I'm not gonna let another go. I don't wanna look back a think about the path untaken, thinking what would of happened if I did this or that. I want no regret. I'm ready to leave NY and see what else is out there in the world. I don't wanna limit myself to anything. I'm taking a risk by doing it, but I'm a risk taker. You don't know what you get until you go after it. Insha'Allah so by next week, I will be a married woman, something I've wanted for awhile. Hopefully, things are better the second time around. I ask that you keep me in your duas and wish me luck. They next time you'll hear from me I'll be blogging from a different state and a different blog. As-salaamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.

7 comments:

Inspired Muslimah said...

Salaam yasmin,
I have been reading your blog and I have really enjoyed it. I am happy for you sister on your new possibility.

Yasmin (Umm Zayd) said...

Wa salaam, jazakh Allahu khair. This is not the end of my blog. Insha'Allah, I'll just be starting a new one, since this one is filled with all the things that happened in my previous marriage and all the drama and problems that came along with it. So its out with the old in with the new. I hope that you will still follow my new blog.

Ange said...

salam - you make me laugh because your situation is so similar to mine.
i also married very quickly - i flew to another state here in Australia to meet him and we married a week later. i had nothing to go on except my faith and gut feeling.
inshaAllah it all works out well for you!

Yasmin (Umm Zayd) said...

Wa Salaam Ange, Im glad you could relate. I kinda laugh at myself a bit cuz I think Im crazy for doing it, but I trust my crazy self. It's time for a change and I'm not afraid of it. Insha'Allah everything works out. Allah is the best of planners.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now...congrats...I hope it all works out for you.

Moon said...

assalaamu alaikum!

So glad to hear things are getting better for you. Mashallah!

Made lots of duaa for u during umrah, so glad they were accepted.
Plz let me know about your new blog, will follow it too inshallah.

Remember me in your duaas.
Ma' Salaama,

StylishMuslimah said...

i am a new comer to your blog, but i have to say i am so happy for you!! i really hate it when people say divorced women cant get married again and i know its not true and you have proved that!! i really truley hope everything goes well Insha'Allah