Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ramadan is approaching

Time is flying by so fast. Last Ramadan seems like it was only yesterday and now its here again. In all honesty I don't know if Im really prepared for it. I guess this year will be a lot different than last year.
Last Ramadan was pretty good alhamdulillah. I was single and working, which didn't interfere with my fasting. The great part about my job was that I only worked about 3 days a week so I was still able to be in the masjid on my days off and had a lot of time to read and pray. I always loved being in the masjid. At the time, it was so much better than being home. It felt great being around other Muslim sisters. I definitely made a lot of new friends and was able to see old friends. That sisterhood and togetherness is what I loved so much and I guess that's what I love about every Ramadan.
This Ramadan most likely is gonna be a bit different. For one, Im 8 1/2 months pregnant, so I wont be able to fast. It's kinda a bummer, some might say Im lucky, but I'd still have to make up all those days afterwards. At least now I can focus on doing more optional salaat, du'a, reading Qur'an. Another thing that kinda bothers me is that I just moved to a complete new state so I don't really know anyone besides one person. I haven't been to the masjid at all, mostly because everytime I had the intention on going I ended not feeling well. Also the masjid closest to my house is pretty small so only the brothers go there. The other masjid is about 30 mins. away and at this time I don't like traveling too far from home unless I necessarily have to.
I've always wanted to have one big iftaar every week and invite a lot of sisters over. Especially now since I have a lot of space in my new home it would be absolutely perfectI always have the intention to cook but my body really limits me nowadays from doing any hardwork. So really my intentions for this Ramadan is just too take it easy and just focus on my deen. What better way could you spend Ramadan?

1 comment: